This is your place to come home to.
Many nobles have stayed at the historic Kyoto Arashiyama
to get away from everyday life.
Cherry blossoms blooming in spring, colorful bamboo forests in summer,
burning autumn leaves in autumn, and snowy scenery dyed white in winter.
Benkei ARASHIYAMA proposes these residences with the theme of “living” in Kyoto
as a place just for you where you can come home to feel the changing seasons.
A journey ideally suited to you, leaving everyday life behind, starts from here.
Benkei-bettei “Premium Residential” Services.
Everything for enjoying Kyoto.
Booking of entire floor
You can book out one entire floor, so that you can stay without having to worry about other customers.
Each room is equipped with a relaxing bath where you can unwind while admiring the garden.
After enjoying a walk in Kyoto, a relaxing bath at Arashiyama will relieve the tiredness from the trip from the bottom of your heart.
We have prepared world highest standard beds so that you can enjoy the best possible day from the moment you wake up.
You can enjoy your trip in your best physical condition.
A kitchen that balances being a space for relaxation and ease of use.
A spacious sink and a high calorie IH allow you to cook in comfort.
Washing machine / dryer
Even if you have lots of clothes to wash, this top model washing machine will give an excellent finish.
We have prepared various amenities to make you feel comfortable.
Complimentary Internet connection with high-speed Wi-Fi connection service is available.
55-inch TV with high image and sound quality, Internet TV available with CATV pass through that connects to the Internet.
Bath time while relaxing on the sofa in the bath area.
We offer a comfortable space with floor heating and air purifier.
Introduction to the rooms
Enjoy a carefree time by booking the entire floor.
A separate residence standing in the premises of Arashiyama Benkei (200 m walk from the lobby).
We have created a space with a quiet appearance where you can relax and forget the bustle of Arashiyama.
You will feel as though it is your home in a foreign country.
The wood-themed space softly envelops you and makes you feel at peace.
Take a leisurely bath in the exquisite bathtub with its small garden and transform your Kyoto trip into an elegant time.
- Charges are on a room charge basis, depending on the number of people and the season.
- Check in 15:00 / Check out 11:00
- On-site parking lot
- Private entrance
- High-speed Internet
- Washing and drying machine
- Hair dryer
- Coat hangers
- <House rules>
- No smoking
- No pets
- No parties or events
- Check in time is after 15:00.
- Room fixtures
- [Basic] Air conditioners in every room / 1000 MB high-speed Internet / Towels / Bath towels / Yukata / Amenities
- [Dining room] TV (55-inch) / Dining set
- [Kitchen] IH cooker / Refrigerator / Microwave / Kitchen appliances / Tableware / Coffee Maker / Kettle
- [Bedroom] Air purifier
- [Toilet] Toilet with washing function
- Reservations can be made on our website by credit card in advance.
- Reservations from various travel websites will be booked by settlement according to the rules of each company.
- Cancellation fees
- 30% of the room charge one week before the date of arrival
- 50% of the room charge three days before the date of arrival
- 100% of the room charge on the date of arrival
- The following credit cards are accepted: JCB, VISA, Mastercard, AMEX, UC, DC, NICOS, Diners, UFJ, Saison, Debit cards * Depending on your plan you may not be able to pay by credit card.
- Facilities: Entire floor booking, private bath, private toilet, bedroom, living room, dining room (* all areas of each room are private spaces)
- About S-1 (second floor)
- S-1 is a two story residence so guests who are unable to climb stairs should use S-2.
- There is a washing machine / dryer, a bath space and a toilet on the first floor, and a kitchen, living room and master bedroom with en suite bathroom on the second floor.
- If there are three or more guests it is possible to sleep in the Japanese-style living room.
- Check in / check out at the Arashiyama Benkei main building front desk.(A copy of your passport is required at check-in)
- Address: 34, Sagatenryujisusukinobaba-cho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto City, Kyoto, 616-8385, Japan (Arashiyama Benkei)
- Telephone: 075-872-3355
Togetsukyo BridgeA symbol of Arashiyama, this bridge came to be called "Togetsukyo Bridge" since Emperor Kameyama said in the early years of the Heian Period, "It is similar to the crossing of the shadowless moon." (Togetsu means "crossing of the moon")
【Approximately 5 minutes on foot from Benkei （⇒ GoogleMap）】
Hozu-gawa River Boat RideA 16 kilometer, two-hour journey from Tamba-Kameoka to Arashiyama. Experience the exciting rapids and mysterious deep pools, through the ravine of the Hozugawa River in the beautiful seasonal scenery.
Bamboo Forest RoadA small bamboo forest with a length of about 400 m, leading from Nomiya-jinja Shrine to Tenryu-ji Temple and Okochi Sanso Garden.
The lush bamboo extends so high that it covers the sky, and the dappled sunlight creates a fantastic space.
【Approximately 11 minutes on foot from Benkei （⇒ GoogleMap）】
Tenryu-ji TempleTenryu-ji Temple was registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994 as a cultural asset of ancient Kyoto.
The style of garden that features a path around a pond with Kameyama and Arashiyama as a background changes with the season.
【Approximately 9 minutes on foot from Benkei （⇒ GoogleMap）】
Arashiyama Monkey Park IwatayamaA vast monkey park overlooking the city of Kyoto in Mt. Iwata, which is a branch peak of Arashiyama.
Here you can feel nature and experience more than 130 wild Japanese macaques as well as wild birds, insects and plants.
【Approximately 15 minutes on foot from Benkei（⇒ GoogleMap）】
Sagano Romantic TrainSagano Romantic train is a 7.3 kilometer journey to Kameoka along the Hozugawa Ravine, starting from Sagano, and takes approximately 25 minutes.
You can deeply experience the seasons, with cherry blossoms in spring, lush green in summer, autumn leaves in fall and snow scenes in winter.
【Approximately 20 minutes on foot to Saga Torokko Station from Benkei（⇒ GoogleMap）】
Supermarket (Fresco Saga store)【Approximately 15 minutes on foot from Benkei （⇒ GoogleMap）】
FamilyMart Saga Arashiyama Station North Exit Store【Approximately 12 minutes on foot from Benkei（⇒ GoogleMap）】
Benkei-bettei ARASHIYAMA Premium Residential
|Address||33-1, Sagatenryujisusukinobaba-cho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto City, Kyoto, 616-8385, Japan|
- Kyoto Station → (about 20 minutes from Kyoto Station on JR Sanin Main Line) → Saga-Arashiyama Station → (about 15 minutes on foot) → Benkei front desk
- Shijo-Omiya Station → (about 25 minutes on Keifuku Arashiyama Main Line) → Keifuku Arashiyama Station → (about 5 minutes on foot) → Benkei front desk
- Hankyu Umeda Station → (about 35 minutes on Hankyu Kyoto Line) → Katsura Station → (about 8 minutes on Hankyu Arashiyama Line) → Hankyu Arashiyama Station → (about 15 minutes on foot) → Benkei front desk
- The Meishin Expressway Kyoto south I.C. No. 1 13 km about 30 minutes
- The Kyoto Jukan Expressway Kutsukake I.C. No. 9 10 km about 25 minutes
- From JR Kyoto Station, take City Bus (No. 28), get off at Arashiyama Tenryuji-mae bus stop (about 45 minutes), walk 4 minutes
- Access from Kansai Airport
- Kansai Airport → (about 75 minutes by JR Express "Haruka") → JR Kyoto Station → (about 20 minutes from Kyoto Station on JR Sanin Main Line) → JR Saga-Arashiyama Station → (about 15 minutes on foot) → Benkei front desk
- Kansai Airport → (about 95 minutes by limousine bus) → JR Kyoto Station → (about 20 minutes from Kyoto Station on JR Sanin Main Line) → JR Saga-Arashiyama Station → (about 15 minutes on foot) → Benkei front desk
- Access from Osaka International Airport
- Osaka International Airport → (about 50 minutes by limousine bus) → JR Kyoto Station → (about 20 minutes from Kyoto Station on JR Sanin Main Line) → JR Saga-Arashiyama Station → (about 15 minutes on foot) → Benkei front desk
- Osaka International Airport → (about 23 minutes by Osaka monorail) → Hankyu Minami-Ibaraki Station → (about 40 minutes on Katsura Hankyu Kyoto Line) → Hankyu Katsura Station → (7 minutes on Hankyu Arashiyama Line) → Hankyu Arashiyama Station → (About 15 minutes on foot ) → Benkei front desk